White Gate Farm specializes in fresh organic produce, poultry, eggs, and flowers. Situated in Southeastern Connecticut on 100 acres of lovely New England landscape, it is a great destination for shopping at our farm stand, visiting the animals and seeing a small family farm that above all values the health of its customers and the environment.
At the Farm Stand
Open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9 to 5. On Thursdays, at the Niantic Farmers Market, from 3 to 6 (produce only).
Current offerings include the following:
- Tomatoes and Cherry tomatoes!!
- Melon -- Succulent Cantelopes and Honey dew
- Bell peppers -- Red, yellow, green & Purple
- Hot peppers -- Jalapeno and Serrano
- Heads of Garlic
- Red Cabbage
- Purple onions
- Sweet white onions
- Summer squash and Zucchini
- Fresh herbs
- Farm to Hearth Bread
- Multi-grain Crackers
- Cato Corner Farm Cheese
- PIZZAS beginning at noon on Saturdays
- Summer Rolls & Peanut sauce on Wednesdays
- Morning Glory Muffins
- Organic, Pasture-raised multi-colored Eggs in Good Supply! We will be happy to re-use your White Gate Farm egg boxes.
- Pickled garlic scapes
- Tomato Sauce "Puttanesca" *** On sale for $5 per pint
- Organic Coffee from Ashlawn Farm
- Roasting chickens in the freezer
Payment is now taken by us using an iPad. Checks, cash, credit and debit cards are still happily accepted.
Behold summer abundance in the farm stand! Tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplant, huge heads of garlic, beets, onions, lettuce and more -- Oh my! Anna is creating all kinds of delicacies in our kitchen, including SUMMER ROLLS with peanut sauce on Wednesdays and PIZZAS (beginning at noon) on Saturdays.
The farm house is starting to resemble a divine B and B, or venue for farm to table dinners, or a family reunion spot for a weekend. Please stay tuned for our Grand Opening Celebration.
For now, I hope you are enjoying the Summer and that we'll see you here soon.