White Gate Farm specializes in fresh organic produce, poultry, eggs, and flowers. Situated in Southeastern Connecticut on 100 acres of lovely New England landscape, it is a great destination for shopping at our farm stand, visiting the animals and seeing a small family farm that above all values the health of its customers and the environment.
At the Farm Stand
OUR FARM STAND (only at the farm) IS OPEN WEDNESDAYS 9 TO 5 AND SATURDAYS 9 TO 5; Also selling produce at Niantic Farmers Market THURSDAYS 3:00 TO 6:30.
August is our Farm Chef Esty's vacation month, so customers will find No Pizza. We feel your loss!!
Currently on offer:
- Tomatoes -- Heirlooms, large slicers & cherries in all colors
- String beans, the delicious "haricots verts" type
- Edamame, AKA soy beans
- Lima beans
- Purple string beans
- Peppers: purple bells, poblano, jalapeno, serrano
- Cucumbers -- LOTS! We can offer discounts for large quantities
- Zucchini, Yellow squash, Patty pan squash, Pale green squash
- Swiss chard
- Purple onions
- Yellow onions
- Gluten-free Breakfast Cookies
- Giant cookies, now named "Chocolate Rhapsody"
- Fresh herbs: parsley, dill and basil
- Organic, Pasture-raised multi-colored Eggs. We will be happy to re-use your White Gate Farm egg boxes.
- Strawberry Jam
- Pickled garlic scapes
- Organic Coffee from Ashlawn Farm
- White Gate Farm Honey
- Cato Corner Farm cheese
- Kim chee
- Beet Hummus
- Roasting chickens in the freezer
You may now pay with credit or debit cards (all but American Express) for purchases above $10.00. Checks and cash still work well.
Happy August Everyone,
Our tomatoes are here and super delicious. Before they disappear for their 10-month Off Season, be sure to eat your quota of BLT's, open face tomato sandwiches with fresh basil and cheese melted on top, and Bruschetta. Or make our simplest supper: Pasta tossed with one of our pestos and hunks of fresh raw tomato!
We are now selling our own honey from the bee hives at the far back of the hay field. Not yet producing is the new observation hive installed and managed by farmer Erica near the upper ponds. We are happy to report that all bees seem very healthy and happy.
Can't make it to the farm Wednesday or Saturday or to the Niantic Market Thursday? Check at Tri Town stores (East Lyme and Portland), Adams (Deep River) and FoodWorks in Old Saybrook.
125 new baby chicks are due here by Wednesday August 6. The teenage turkeys have all moved to the turkey palace near the upper hoop house.
Our gorgeous laying hens of many breeds are enjoying their huge pasture. We appreciate them for producing a record number of multi-colored eggs.
We look forward to seeing you!