White Gate Farm specializes in fresh organic produce, poultry, eggs, and flowers. Situated in Southeastern Connecticut on 100 acres of lovely New England landscape, it is a great destination for shopping at our farm stand, visiting the animals and seeing a small family farm that above all values the health of its customers and the environment.
At the Farm Stand
Available at the Farm Stand:
- Pizza at noon, both Wednesdays & Saturdays
- Greek style Hand pies with Swiss Chard & Feta
- Kale & Orange Cupcakes on Saturdays
- Salad Mix
- Hakurei turnips with greens
- Eggs -- All Colors! -- on Sale!!
- Egg Salad with fresh herba
- Moroccan Chickpea & Carrot Salad
- Swiss Chard
- Morning Glory Muffins
- Ethiopian Lentil Soup
- Carrot Ginger Soup
- Farm to Hearth Bread
- Sauces, pickles, jams and honey in jars
- Beet Hummus
- Carrot Hummus
- Kale Pesto
- Cilantro Pesto
- Iced tea
- Shelburne Farms Cheddar Cheese
- Gluten Free Breakfast Cookies
The Farm Stand is now open TWICE a week, Wednesdays and Saturdays, from 9 to 5. Our new Farm Chef Paco is making pizza both days, coming out hot by noon, plus other delectables like kale & orange cupcakes, Greek style hand pies, and various soups. It's well worth coming each day to see what new creations we are offering.
In case you are looking for something different, local and healthy for a Mother or Other, consider these options:
- Gift certificates for cooking classes &/or Farm to Table Dinners (Numerous to be offered throughout the year.)
- Gift certificates for farm stand purchases
- Farm specialty items: eggs, vinaigrette, honey, lemon verbena tea, breakfast cookies, kimchi ...
- A PICNIC at the farm Saturday the 7th & a hike on our trails
- Tulips (please email by May 4 to reserve if you want them on the 7th)
- Asparagus Crowns (add in planting as Part B of the gift)
- The CT Farm Table Cookbook (4 pages about us)
- An evening at Dinners at the Farm.
Our first Farm to Table Dinner of the season, Inspirations from an Italian Farm House, will be Saturday, June 11 at 6 pm. Take a look under "Farm to Table Dinners."
Our first cooking class for adults -- Jesse Kramer will teach how to prepare a great Mexican menu -- is sold out. More classes TBA soon.
Kids' Classes: Emily Florentino's classes are a sensation! She has two potential dates available now for mixed ages: Saturday May 21 and/or Sunday May 22, both from 1 to 3 pm. Price is $48 per child. If you are interested in any of the dates please email email@example.com to let me know. I will enable the PayPal on line when we know which classes are happening.
SPRING RETREAT FOR WOMEN: We are excited to offer a retreat on May 7, entitled "Reclaim, Reconnect, Replenish: Spring Retreat for Women." Read all about it here:
Download flyer (PDF)>
We hope to see you soon!
Pauline & the Fantastic Farm Team